Christian Care Homes & Extra Care Housing
Sarah is Associate Director/Brighton Home Business Manager @Pilgrims’ Friend Society – Brighton UK
This is what Pilgrims’ Friend Society say:
“Our home in the picturesque town of Brighton offers a retirement living section as well as a separate residential care block. The health, well-being and happiness of our occupants is of primary importance to us.
“Our amazing team at Brighton provide a loving and caring environment for our residents, whilst maintaining the Christian ethos that is so important to them. The leadership team in the home comprises of the Registered Care Manager, who leads in all the direct care aspects of the work, and the Business Manager, who manages the hotel services and facilities of the home. Both of them report to our regional Operations Manager, and work closely together to ensure an excellent standard of care and accommodation.
“They also provide our staff with a working environment where each one feels that they are part of the team, giving individual, person-centred care, with something to contribute and with the opportunity to develop their personal skills.
“We are looking for a committed Christian to take up the exciting role of Business Manager at our residential care home for older people in Brighton. We are seeking a special person, with a heart for the care of older people and experience in management to pick up this vital and fulfilling role. You will have a key role in helping to serve older Christians and in leading a motivated and committed staff team.
“Are you able to:
- Lead the Service Team to provide the highest standard of service and cleanliness;
- Manage the administration of the home, including all aspects of people management;
- With the Registered Care Manager, exercise leadership in the pastoral and spiritual life of the home for service users and staff;
- Take overall responsibility for the small housing scheme.
- You have management experience in a business setting;
- You need to be someone who enjoys working with older people and can have an empathy with them, promoting a person-centred, customer-orientated service in all aspects of the work;
- You are fully able to oversee the administration of home (including budgeting and management of staff), organise your own work, and take full responsibility for the smooth-running of the home;
- You are willing and able to lead and delegate work effectively and, when necessary, to do any reasonable task to get the work done;
- You must be able to work under pressure and provide calmness in all situations;
- You are able to communicate effectively at all levels whilst maintaining confidentiality;
- You are able to lead, motivate and encourage staff to give of their best, and have people-leadership and management experience;
- You are able to advise residents and relatives when necessary, especially on practical or financial matters, within the professional boundaries that we set;
- You must be fully computer literate and completely at home using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet;
- You are comfortable with writing business communications to staff and residents as well as authorities etc;
- You have a positive attitude towards the Pilgrims’ Friend Society and its wider aims and objectives;
- You are willing and able to take a lead in maintaining the Christian ethos of the home;
- You are willing to be flexible in your working pattern and are prepared to participate in training and attend relevant staff meetings.”
For those who know me I think you will agree – this is me 🙂